Thursday, February 12, 2009

Mom’s foot surgery

Mom had surgery to repair/remove a bunion on her left foot last Friday, so I flew from Boise, ID to Helena, MT to help her for a couple of weeks.  The surgery went well, we’ve kept her off her feet, iced and elevated, and only required a minimum of pain meds.

The follow up appointment yesterday showed no signs of infection, had a change of bandage and she says today that her foot feels entirely fine.  She is supposed to work up to being on it for 30 minutes at a time by next Friday.  So, things are going well!

I’ve been cooking (yes, me!) and have probably have a good enough stash of food ready to consume that I can happily continue with my sewing projects.

I brought a couple of wall hangings with me to put the binding and hanging sleeve on (had to start over on the binding because it was too small to cover the back, I was too smart for my own good!).  Once I get that finished I can start on the quilt I had cut out specifically to bring along for this time, another Turning Twenty…Again! pattern that should go together pretty fast.

This time has been going by nicely, but I’d better start scheduling my tasks or I’m going to run out of time before I have to go back to work.  First on the list is to bake Mom’s birthday cake.  Today is her birthday!

No comments:

Print Friendly