Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Back Home!

Aren't airplanes amazing?  Besides all of the engineering and technology, I mean.  You can be in one place in the morning, and then far away 4 or 6 hours later, going about daily tasks as if you hadn't missed a beat.  Well, that's what it seems like, anyway.

Sort of a weird feeling, having been away for 2 1/2 weeks, and then resume my life as if I hadn't been gone at all.  Gizmo really missed me, I could tell that when he went from picking a fight with Rosie for no reason, completely out of the blue (she wasn't even near him) to melting into a puddle in my lap when I brushed him later.

I started working on my pass-the-bag star blocks for my quilt sub-group on Monday night.  I chose batiks for my colors, I think it will look really awesome when I'm finished.  The pattern is sort of a stack n whack star pattern.  Cut 2 stars at the same time from the freezer paper template, then mix the colors so that the star comes forward and sits on a different background.  Two blocks at once, really easy.  I'll post some pictures soon

The seam allowance is NOT built into the template, so the blocks come out wonky, but that will also be part of the fun.  I still have the smaller ones to make and I'll be ready to pass the bag to the next person.

Of course, I am making more than the required 2 fat quarters, because I will want a larger quilt, but that's nothing new.  I've already got some material ready and I think I'll just make 4 each time I make them throughout the year, and that way I'll have double the blocks at the end of the year to work with.

Still have to finish the binding on my wall hangings, then get the Turning Twenty Again blocks squared up and onto the design wall.  I'm hoping to finish that by the end of the weekend, but we'll see how that goes.

For now, it's back to work, as usual.

No comments:

Print Friendly