Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sampler Quilt

DSCF2760 I finished quilting my sampler quilt on Sunday night!  As promised, I am posting pictures of samples.

I bought the ABM Innova in October, from the Fabric Patch in Ephrata, WA.  I went back to the store in early December, 2008 to take my 2 day training class.  We covered all kinds of techniques on the first day, such as loops and swirls, figuring the pathways, making water or woodgrain, and sizes of stippling.  The second day I was able to load my sampler and practice.  I mean, REALLY practice!  I was able to use everything we covered, and then some, in this quilt, and I am more than pleased!  I was so excited, I even got the binding on the same night!

Here are some close ups of the actual blocks and quilting:

This is Sally Terry's Hooked on Feathers technique.  It is really fun and so easy to do!

DSCF2762

And I created woodgrain texture in the window pane:

DSCF2764

And then, of course, is the house, where we have flowers in the front yard and a sunshiny day!

DSCF2769

This is my first attempt at cross hatching:

DSCF2774

And I definitely need more practice with echo quilting!!  I got frustrated with not being able to do it properly, so I made it imperfect on purpose, with the intent to practice, practice, practice!

DSCF2779

These are free form swirls.  I quite like them!

DSCF2772

This star seemed to take on a life of its own, and it turned out wonderful!

DSCF2773

The Rosebud block was very different after I quilted the background.  I'm still trying to decide if I like the result.

DSCF2766

No comments:

Print Friendly