Friday, August 31, 2012

Craziness, aka “PSQ”

Sam-swap

This photo shows some innocent looking 2” fabric charms.  Innocuous, even.  Quite the inspiration for a wonderful new project, right?

Well, let me tell you, I can see this becoming an addiction!  It all started when I ran across a blog written by Mary Wibourn called The Curious Quilter.  I resisted the first two swaps; I didn’t have any charms cut, and 100 seemed like quite a few to come up with.

And then I saw the blog a few more times, and the photos she has, like this one, just started calling my name!

So, I signed up for two swap partners and started cutting my scraps.  And cutting.  And cutting!  And I only had 3 piles of 46 charms!  So, I started digging into my yardage, using my June Tailor Shape Cut mat.  I figured that should make things sing along.  Yet, I still didn’t seem to be making much progress, confounded by the question of “should I cut other size strips, too, while I have this yardage out?”

Yes.  Of course!  That’s what the Stashbusters Yahoo group means by “cut it up Sunday”.  But what sizes should I start cutting them into?  I mean, it’s not like I have a specific project in mind.  That’s why it’s still yardage in the first place!

Well, after all that standing, I have a very sore back and now I’m seriously considering buying the Accuquilt Studio!  Yes, I want the big one.  Where I’ll store it is another question!

So, here’s a questions for you:  do you all cut your fabric into strips, waiting for a project?  How do you manage your stash of strips?  What’s your favorite method of cutting?

And…have you made a postage stamp quilt?  Would you do it again? Smile

No comments:

Print Friendly