Saturday, January 4, 2014

White Chocolate Quilt

DSCF7599Now that the holiday fervor has passed, I’m finally posting the photos of the quilt I delivered the day after Christmas.

The moment I saw this quilt top I fell in love with it!  It is SO calming, warm and welcoming and I immediately knew it needed something special.

My customer, Evelyn, made this top, called McCall's Quilting Magazine, August 2007 (Volume 14, Number 4) for herself to go with the new décor of her recently DSCF7610remodeled bedroom.  The pattern itself calls for all neutrals, but she chose to spice it up with some warm tones that matched her headboard, and I think it couldn’t be lovelier.

Evelyn chose Superior Threads King Tut Sands of Time, a variegated oatmeal colored thread which worked pretty well with all of the different colors of the top.

DSCF7614I used So Fine thread in the bobbin that matched the backing and I love the secondary design it created.

Because we wanted some”poof” to show off the quilting I chose Legacy washable wool batting.

I didn’t get quite as much “poof” as I thought I would because it’s so heavily quilted, but when we laid it out on her bed the light from her window showed off all of the texture and I was really pleased to see it.DSCF7608

I used a matching thread color for the feathered border.

I have to say, I think this is my favorite quilt that I’ve done so far.  It’s certainly in the top 5, anyway!

If you’d like to buy the back issue from Amazon and help support my blog, use the provided link to purchase your copy.

No comments:

Print Friendly