Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My Favorite Quilting Tool

FavoriteQuiltingToolKnow what this is?

It started out as a pad trimmer for my dogs, but it runs on a battery and vibrates too much and they hated it.

Now, I rip out stitches with it, and it’s my favorite quilting tool.  Mostly I use it on long border or backing seams, strip pieced strips, or when I have boo boos to fix on blocks.

If something is on the quilt frame, though, I’m usually stuck with ripping out stitches with the point of my snips.  I got 20130406_185647“lucky” this time because it was just the ditch work I put in place that I had to take out so it was a relatively easy process.

Why would I take out a bunch of ditch work?  Because I decided that I really needed to use a different batting to deal with this fullness in my customer’s quilt, to make it look the best it can.  That, and to save my sanity!

20130406_185659And it really will look awesome, once it’s finished!

This is not the only reason it’s been so long since I posted.  Work has been really busy and I’ve been putting in long hours.  I finished up the Foundational Quilting Skills quilting class that I taught via Community Ed in March so now I have a few more quilts in the queue, behind these other 2 large quilts.  And,  I also recently helped launch the new website for Boise Basin Quilters and there’s still cleanup work to do.

That’s not, as Paul Harvey used to say “the rest of the story” but that’s all for now.  Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments:

Print Friendly