Sunday, March 11, 2012

Odd Girl Out

pink-white-rail-fenceI don’t know if any of you remember the hot pink quilt top I started in September last year, and how much trouble I was having with deciding on a border.  So, I put it away for awhile.
Then about a month ago, I was reading a magazine article by Kaffe Fasset, and I knew right then and there I wanted one of his fabrics for the border on this quilt!
Well, a couple of weekends ago, I found the perfect borderDSCF4864 fabric, and I actually got it applied to the quilt!
I just love it!
I think I’ll put a cozy pink flannel on the back, and use Winline’s 100% Bamboo batting.  I haven’t auditioned any specific thread colors yet, the quilting design might influence that decision.
Now I have to figure out how to quilt it.  I know a pantograph that would look great on it, but this year I’m really wanting to focus on improving my free motion skills, and this is a perfect opportunity since it’s not designated for any specific person or event.  Got any suggestions for me?


2 comments:

Theodora quilts said...

That is real pretty and the border blends perfectly with inner blocks ,I don't have any suggestions ,but I would say maybe something like the form of the block and something different for the outer border. good luck with it.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Theodora! I've been entertaining the idea of echoing around a free motion flower that mimics the design of the flowers in the border. Gotta practice!

Print Friendly