Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Keeping Busy

Where does the time go???  I thought it was just a few days ago that I last posted!

Where to begin?

I completed my customers’ three lap quilts, which you can see in my quilt gallery

and this *darling* pink and white 9 patch baby quilt, which she is giving to her new grand-niece.  I quilted it with the Valentine Hearts panto by Gali Design.

pink_and_white_9_patch_5_20110327_2089483811  pink_and_white_9_patch_4_20110327_1556218622

She promptly brought me two more quilts when she picked those up!  I was thrilled!  It sure is nice when someone likes your work and has confidence in your ability.

sage_green_yellow_brick_road_1_20110327_2005641336I was also able to get another customer’s first lap quilt completed, all in freehand feathers.  I really like how you can see them on the back of the quilt.

I’ve also been working on wrapping up a project to create a website for a law firm in Helena, Jackson, Murdo, & Grant P.C  Disclaimer here, my mom is a partner in the firm, so yes, I do have some affiliation!  It’s been a great learning experience and I am even more interested in the prospect of taking on other customers.

I’ve also been playing with the possibility of a website re-design of my own.  I like a lot of the features I currently have, but the current site design just doesn’t *grab* me!  I have been adding new items to the photo gallery, including my pantograph library, and making the thumbnail images larger, and I want to put my own store back online.

I’ve been investigating additional software packages, too, so I can add more features and take advantage of some new ideas I have…you might say I’m on a software binge!

Most people don’t see any correlation to software, programming, databases or computers to quilting, but I really think they have similar traits.  Some of it is science and some of it’s art, and you take the basic building blocks of what you need and you can come up with some of the most interesting, varied, and unexpected outcomes all starting out with the same pieces.  It’s amazing, it’s creative, and it’s powerful.

No wonder I like them both!

No comments:

Print Friendly