Wanna know what I did on my vacation??
Since Thursday, I have been busting my stash! Oh, I did visit Country Quilter to take advantage of their 40% off sale, although I did bring home ONE 3 yard purchase for which I do not currently have a purpose, but I do have an idea! And it is right up my alley in all it’s dark fuscia pink glory!! My intention was pure, though…my purpose for going was for in-progress or planned projects which are to be made in the next 2 months, namely the Vandal quilt. Hey, I don’t have much gold and black, what can I say!?!
- I started the 10 Minute Block and finished most of the quilt!
To my credit, I couldn’t figure out what I wanted to do for the border, then my friend Verna suggested making a skinny dark blue inside of the purple I already added to the quilt. Wonderful! Except I only have about 8 inches of the purple outer fabric left and I’m not sure I can find any more of it. If that’s the case I’ll have to figure out another border treatment. But hey, it wasn’t for lack of trying! Overall, I used up 2 1/2 yards of fabric for the interior…yay!!
- After demonstrating the technique to my friend, Verna, I cut this entire stack of 10” squares from my stash to make more 10 Minute Blocks!
I am hoping Verna will want to practice the technique on my already-cut fabric, which will result in at least one, probably two, more quilts! I’m thinking I can donate the results to the women’s shelter in town.
- I cut this much of a black and silver (yes, Lola, SILVER!) Irish Chain quilt whose fate is yet to be determined. I worked it up in EQ7 and it’s lovely!
I even started making some of the 9 patch blocks…
- Cut and sewed the blocks for a twin sized quilt pattern called Cotton Candy that I’ve had my eye on since Quilt Magazine came out with its December/January 2011 issue!
I woke up this morning and, knowing it was my last day of a long Christmas break before going back to work, I jumped out of bed, grabbed a cup of coffee and started sewing the last of the blocks for this quilt.
I got it laid out before DH and I went to run errands…one of which was to get the border, as I didn’t have enough of one color in my stash to complete the project. I might move a block or two around, but I’m rather liking this one!
And…because I changed up the layout, I have quite a few blocks left over! I see a second Cotton Candy quilt in my future…
- Vacation is over so, now, I better buckle down and get some “real” work done!