Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sew day!

Yesterday I got to spend the day with our subgroup from the local guild, called Pieceworks!, where we worked on our own projects, showed off projects we have finally finished or are working on now, exchanged gifts, food and stories.  Our potluck was fabulous and everyone enjoyed themselves.  I really looked forward to getting together with that group of ladies.

In getting ready for Sew Day I had cut out a quilt for a new project and I got a really good start on it.  Since DH was watching football playoffs, I was able to continue on it when I got home so I was in hog heaven!  I really want to get this project finished in time for the quilt Guild meeting on the 21st so I'd better get busy!  I already know exactly how I'm going to quilt it, although I don't know the color of thread.  I think is going to go together very quickly and I'm excited to get it finished.  No pictures for now, unfortunately.

I also found out that a friend of mine had her baby a month early and of course the quilt top isn’t finished yet.  At least it’s halfway done, if I can just decide on some other elements to make it shine; I still haven't heard any suggestions from anyone yet so I guess I'm on my own as to how to change it!

The surprise quilt for DH is also progressing nicely and boy is a lot of work!  I don't think I'll be doing a log cabin again for quite a while, although now I have a whole bunch of little tiny strips cut! One thing I may do with them though, is incorporate them into a braided rug project which I have been eyeing.  One of the gals at the event yesterday was doing locker hook rug making, and it looked really fun and I loved her project, but I don't know that my tennis elbow would allow me to really get going on a project.  Besides, I already have enough projects to work on!

Speaking of that, I'd better get moving on this fine Sunday morning.

No comments:

Print Friendly