Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lover’s Knot

I have been helping a new quilter make a very special quilt for her older sister who is getting married in September.  This ambitious young woman is the daughter of my DH’s best friend, and I am thrilled to be asked to help her.  She has never made a quilt before and wants to make a king sized quilt for the new couple…she’s a woman after my own heart!

She found a version of the lover’s knot pattern to make, which I think is a pretty good beginners pattern; the corner element is a bit of a challenge, but the extra work and patience will really pay off in the end.  I think her sister will be thrilled!  I will be quilting this one, if it can be completed before I start school in the fall, and I am tentatively thinking of a heart pantograph at this point.

I used EQ6 to work up two color schemes of the quilt, and after I did that, I decided I may have to make one for myself!

Which one do you prefer?

Dark Light
Raquel-LoversKnot Raquel-LoversKnot2-cream

No comments:

Print Friendly