Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Customer quilts

My mom had bunion surgery in February, in Great Falls, Montana.  We got into town early before the doctor’s appointment, and I visited Quilt-A-Way on 13th St. S.  What a great shop!  Open and airy, and the fabrics are grouped in unique displays, so that each category, such as vintage or batiks, are showcased in their own areas.

I introduced myself to the gals at the counter, Lynn and Kathy, and showed them a sample of my work.   When I had more quilted samples posted online I contacted them and they sent me three quilts to work on.

The first one is a green, red and tan Stack ‘n Whack.

DSCF3032 

DSCF3060

Lynn asked for an overall meander with a neutral thread.  I think it turned out really great!

 

 

 DSCF3068

 

 

 

 

 

 

The second one is called Stepping Stones.DSCF3030 

 

 

 

 

Lynn wanted free standing circles, as you can see, and I also stitched-in-the-ditch around all of the seams. DSCF3097

 

 

 

 

 DSCF3102




 

 

 

 

 

DSCF3095

 

DSCF3034The third quilt is a shop sample that Kathy had made.  She didn’t have a name for it, so I call it the Black, White, and Turquoise quilt.  If anyone knows the name of the pattern, please let me know.

She picked a light blue thread and wanted dinner plate sized freehand flowers.

DSCF0533

 DSCF0523

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSCF0530I added loops and leaves around all of the flowers, too.

 

 

 

All in all, I am pleased with the results, and I look forward to working with both of them again.  Their piecing is wonderful, I loved their colors, and very nice ladies!

No comments:

Print Friendly