Monday, May 25, 2009

Studio Updated!!

Lots of work on the house this Memorial Day weekend!  We purchased a small flat screen TV for the exercise room and for the sewing studio and mounted them on the walls, along with shelves in each room to try to economize the space.

I asked DH to make the corners rounded, and he obliged.  I have already saved myself some injury when I bumped my hand into one of the shelves while I was arranging items.  I am so glad he installed the screws at the end of the brackets to secure the shelves!

If you haven't seen my studio before, here is the preview picture from March, 2009.SewingRoom-March2009-sm

And today, Memorial Day 2009, here is the updated photo of the sewing area: 

UpdatedSewingRoom-sm

I am SO excited about the new arrangement!  I hope I can keep it this organized when I'm working on my projects.

I am also planning to bring a computer into the area and connect it to the mounted TV screen.  I'll have to figure out how to store the keyboard and mouse when I'm not using them, but having a computer here allows me to work with clients in this area without running up and down the stairs, and I'm really excited about that!

I will be able to rearrange the other end of the room so that I can move the cutting table closer to the wall, which will increase the area on the free motion side of the quilting machine.  You don't want to see a picture of that area right now, I can assure you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oops how will you do lots of work in home....


___________________
Britney
Entertainment at one stop

Print Friendly