Monday, May 18, 2015

PSQ: Postage stamp swap

PSQ_swap_Indian_OceanYou know what amazes me?  I got a package in the mail today all the way from the Indian Ocean!

How, you ask?

Well, I signed up to swap 7 packages for the spring swap hosted by The Curious Quilter.  She generously donates her time putting on a swap twice a year and this time I signed up for international swaps.

I’m doing a traditional alternating dark/light pattern with mine, and it’s taking me awhile because I use them as leader enders instead of focusing on them, but that’s OK with me.  It’s really fun seeing the progress.20150504_071518

My original plan was to make a king sized quilt, but I think it would be way too busy with this pattern.  Maybe next time.

You should check out Mary Wilbourn’s site even if you don’t think you’ll ever do a postage stamp quilt.  It’s fun to see the variety that can be made from them, but Mary is fun, too.

No comments:

Print Friendly