Sunday, October 12, 2014

I Got My Paint Chips!

20141012_072820Are you going to do Bonnie Hunter’s annual mystery quilt?

The name of the mystery is called Grand Illusion.  Bonnie released the color palette information earlier this week and paint chips are flying off the shelf!  Bonnie started using the color chips last year to give people a better idea of the colors she’s using in her quilts, and I think it’s a great idea.

Don’t know what a mystery quilt is?  That’s when you make a quilt without knowing what the design is before you start.  Drives me crazy!  However, all of Bonnie’s quilts are amazing so it’s another way to challenge myself.  I’ve followed along with her mysteries for the past 4 years but never have completed one.  Maybe this will be the year!

The first clue to the mystery will be released on Friday, November 28th, 2014.  You don’t need to be a member of the Yahoo Group to follow the clues, but you will get an email notification that way and  it can be fun to see everyone’s progress.  Otherwise, just check the website every week.

No comments:

Print Friendly