Thursday, November 29, 2012

It Sews!

I’ve recently been trolling Craigslist for vintage sewing machines, I just can’t seem to stop myself.  However, I haven’t tried to buy DSCF5947every single one of them, I just pull up the advertisement over and over, trying to decide if I really want to make the trip to someone’s home, test the machine and plunk down the cash.
Last weekend, this Singer 347 came home with me, and I got a steal of a deal!  I cleaned and oiled it and it sews wonderfully!  Look at these stitches!DSCF5944
I’ve missed out on a couple of them, the most recent was an ad that I’d missed completely,  for a Singer 201-2.  I’ve only recently come to know that these are wonderful machines, although I’ve never sewn on one myself.  Now, I want one!  So, when I saw this advertisement there was no hesitation.  I called immediately and left a message.  I followed up with another phone call the next day, but the machine had been sold the day before.  Drat!

No comments:

Print Friendly