I decided to test the quilting pantograph pattern that my customer picked for her quilt on a quilt top of my own. I’m just not convinced that it’s right for her quilt, because it is really open and airy. If I chose the wrong design, I’ll be picking stitches…on someone else’s quilt no less… and I really don’t want to pick stitches!
So, I created a quilt top out of some leftover 10” blocks (I also cut some new ones) that had been used to make a top using the 10 Minute Block method. Talk about a stash buster!
I have to say, I wasn’t very pleased with it to begin with, but I think it’s OK now. I am excited to quilt it to see how it turns out! I’m not sure what color of thread to use, though, so that’s another decision. I think I may use a leafy green fabric for the backing, and while it doesn’t really go with the design overall, it’s…THE…BACK! OK, I think I’m all settled now, and the perfectionist in me may let go of it after all..
I’m also thinking I may do 2-3 rows of the initial panto to see how it works, and then switch it to another panto; that way I’ll have a “sampler” of sorts to show my customers so they can see the actual quilting design and have a better idea of what they are choosing.
So, until my customer quilt is finished, the pink and white quilt is on hold.