Sunday, November 28, 2010

My Vacation Report

I am at the end of my vacation, and I have accomplished quite a bit…which is why I haven’t posted in 9 days!

  1. Two twin sized flannel log cabin quilts have been quilted for a customer and delivered back to her.  She was delighted!DSCF2752
  2. U of M Grizzlies quilt
    I am almost done with the U of M Grizzlies quilt that my mom commissioned, I just have to finish the borders, which will be done after I post this message!  Then onto the quilt frame for completion!
  3. Bronco Quilt #1 – Snowballs and 9 Patches
    This is a custom order Bronco quilt that is to be a Christmas present.  I have half of the blocks made, and need to cut the other half.
  4. Bronco Quilt #2 – Known as Towne Square
    This is a quilt that I started to cut out this summer…or was it last winter?…and never got very far, but I’m dying to see it made!
  5. I created my first Bronco quilt listing on Etsy.com for a Bronco quilt that does not currently have an owner.  It sure takes a lot of time to get all that set up!
  6. I scanned some family photos for DH and got them posted online.  Next time I’ll show him how to do it!

So, that is what I accomplished.

But, of course, I am scheming to also:

  1. Make myself a cute bag that was posted as a free tote bag pattern from AllPeopleQuilt.com
  2. I need to start cutting the blocks for the home game Bronco Football T-shirt quilts I’m planning to make and sell.  I even came up with a great idea on how to make them even more special, which I’m keeping secret right now…can’t wait to show you how it turns out, though!
  3. I’m also thinking I should make some placemats as a Christmas gift for my sister-in-law…but then again, I’ll probably just buy them to go with the cookbook I plan to get her.
  4. Of course, my hubby has been watching football and now that it’s turned cold, the lap quilt I promised him last February has come to the forefront.  Better get that one done.
  5. And I’ve been dying to start the new Bonnie Hunter mystery, Roll Roll Cotton Boll.  I sorted through about 2/3 of my donated scrap fabrics and started pulling out appropriate colors.  I thought I had a photo of how that sorting project is coming along, but can’t find it right now, so will have to post it later.  I still have quite a bit left to go through…and then I had an idea for another quilt using some of those pre-cut strips.

On a less frenzied note, I have almost all of my Christmas shopping done, too.  Aaah…

I think I accomplished quite a lot in these 9 days!

2 comments:

Highland Monkey's said...

That's a nice quilt. It's nice when something gets finished and there it is in all it's splender. I am still gathering the will to finish mine!

EmpowerOnline said...

Really Nice

Print Friendly